GeneralThe Restigouche CBDC Inc. owns and operates the following Website, https://skillsinaction.ca, and the Skills in Action online training platform to which it gives access via various web applications, collectively referred to in the following policy as the “Website”.
To register your organization to the Website, you will be required to share some general information about your organization and personal information of employees your will register in the online training platform.
Personal Information of Organization and Employees
This information is for the sole use of the CBDC to deliver a quality service to your organization and employees or learners. This information will not be shared with any other third party and will be for the sole internal use of the CBDC.
To register to the online training platform your organization will have to identify the Contact Person who will represent your organization. You will have to provide compulsory personal information of this Contact Person, including the First name, Last name, electronic address (email), and telephone number of the Contact Person.
Personal Information of Organization’s Contact Person
The compulsory personal information you provide in this registration form will be used to identify you for three purposes:
- To provide you, after you submit your registration, with your organization’s login information (Username and Password) so you can access your online training account
- To reset your organization’s password if the password has been lost or forgotten
The compulsory personal information provided in your registration will be collected strictly for the purposes outlined above. Your information will be stored on secure Canadian servers.
A cookie is a digital marker created by the visitors' browser in order to remember certain pieces of information for the web server to reference during the same or subsequent visit to the website. The Website will use three (3) cookies as digital markers on the user’s device for the purpose of:
- To record during the training session exactly where (location) the learner was located in the online training platform when he or she decided to take a pause from the training so when the learner returns to the training program, he / she is brought back to exactly the same position in the training program where he or she was they paused
No other cookies are used.
On the Internet web servers automatically collect certain information about a visit to a website, including the visitor's Internet Protocol (IP) address. IP addresses are unique numbers assigned to all devices used to access the Internet by Internet Service Providers (ISP) but does not identify an individual using the site. Web servers automatically log the IP addresses of visitors to their sites.
In the case of the online training Website, the IP address of users is automatically collected for the following purposes:
- To protect the Website from security attacks and ensure the continuous availability of the online service
- To report on overall user behaviors on the web site (i.e. Pages visited most often, duration of visits, day of the week and time of day, etc.)
The Website will not link these IP addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless it has identified an attempt to damage the web site.
The Website uses Google Analytics and the information collected is used for the following purposes:
- To do a statistical analysis of the traffic on the web site for audit, evaluation, research, planning, and reporting purposes.